Hey Larry Hughes, Please Stop Taking So Many Bad Shots

Hey Larry Hughes, Please Stop Taking So Many Bad Shots header image 2

Welcome Knicks Fans

February 19th, 2009 · 121 Comments

Tag, you’re it!

The Chicago Bulls made their second big trade in two days on Thursday, agreeing to send Larry Hughes to the Knicks for Jerome James, Tim Thomas and Anthony Roberson.

“I think Chicago was very honest with Hughes and made him aware that when [Kirk] Hinrich came back, he wasn’t going to play,” Knicks president Donnie Walsh said. “I’m not saying he was happy or unhappy, I think he was looking to go somewhere because he knew he wasn’t going to play once Hinrich got back.”

The move comes just one day after the Bulls agreed to send Andres Nocioni and Drew Gooden to the Sacramento Kings for Brad Miller and John Salmons.

Hughes has been in the Bulls’ doghouse for some time and the two sides had agreed to seek a trade weeks ago. With Salmons coming to the Bulls on Wednesday, there was even less need for Hughes.

The trade is a wash financially for both teams. Hughes makes $12.8 million this year; James and Thomas make $12.2 million combined.

This one rids them of the moody Hughes, who was acquired last year from Cleveland at the deadline but has been a non-factor in Chicago’s crowded backcourt. He hasn’t played since Jan. 12, watching one game from a club restaurant, and is averaging 12 points in 30 games this season.

“Obviously with Larry Hughes’ situation, we had been looking to move him,” Bulls vice president John Paxson said. “The deal we made today was, basically, I told him and his agent, Jeff Wechsler, I would do everything in my power to move him.”

Hughes fills a need for the Knicks. They thought they had their replacement by acquiring Cuttino Mobley from the Los Angeles Clippers in a deal that same day, but he was forced to retire because of a heart condition.

More from ESPN

PS - Stop dreaming about 2010.

Tags: Uncategorized

121 responses so far ↓

• 1 frank // Feb 20, 2009 at 12:42 am

imma knicks fan and personally im devastated that we got him this website has made me realize how bad he is please if u can use ur power to get hughes traded from the knicks i could see him now ruining nate robinson and al harrington to the point they are all making bad shots and we r missin the playoffs badly becuase of him

• 2 slamfan4life // Feb 20, 2009 at 5:42 am

YES!! HES YOUR PROBLEM KNOW NEW YORK!!!!

LBJ=MVP

• 3 LarryHughesGameLastSeenOnTheBackOfAMilkCarton // Feb 20, 2009 at 6:02 am

All joking aside, I could see Larry fitting in OK with the D’Antoni system. Lar just wants to jack up questionable shots and slash to the basket, with little regard for actually getting a quality possession, plus winning isn’t a priority to him. If you care more about having fun than winning, what better team could you go to than the Knicks?

All in all, I’d say it’s a decent fit.

• 4 Jimmy Mootzarella // Feb 20, 2009 at 7:11 am

We desperately needed a shooter and i thought he had his best years in Cleveland. The trade also put us back in the lead for worst tattoes players in the league.
    Enjoy Jerome “big snacks” James, he may eat all the hot dogs in Chicago.

• 5 ewing // Feb 20, 2009 at 9:03 am

Damn, im very depressed after reading your site now. Between nate and this guy we’re gonna need a lot of balls.

• 6 sean // Feb 20, 2009 at 9:31 am

Nice job Knicks. The best way to assure getting LBJ in 2010 is to bring in Larry Hughes!

I can’t stop laughing about this one!!!

Keep dreaming…

• 7 Rich // Feb 20, 2009 at 9:36 am

Hughes is terrible as I’m sure we can all agree, but his contract is up in 2010, so its not like this precludes them from still getting James. And the Knicks traded the Bulls Jerome James who has a player option for next year. Have fun with that.

• 8 Daniel Abrams // Feb 20, 2009 at 10:09 am

definitely the worst tattooed team in the league. starting 5 for bad tattoos: suit up Steph, put in hughes, nate, chandler, and curry. sad. but still from a basketball side i like him in dantoni’s system. should be interesting.

• 9 Kevin M // Feb 20, 2009 at 12:46 pm

1. Idea for new website- Hey Lebron James Please Take Some Time and Get a Jumpshot!

It is amazing how talented lebron is yet he will not win a title because he doesn’t put in the work to fix his broke jumper, if he did this it would all be over and you would get your wish so that website may help bring a championship to cleveland sooner.

2. Make sure you follow step 1 quickly because Lebron will be in New York soon, cleveland will be one of the worst teams in the league for years to come and I guarantee D’Antoni could have Larry and Lebron play well together because he wouldn’t try and make Larry a pg.

• 10 woodstock // Feb 20, 2009 at 4:51 pm

thank you pax for getting rid of hughes.

• 11 rUafraid // Feb 20, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Pax = GM of the Year

• 12 bk // Feb 20, 2009 at 9:57 pm

Hey Kevin M

‘bron put up 55 tonight

doubt he will ever put up 55 (or any) points for the Knicks - ever

• 13 Kevin M // Feb 20, 2009 at 10:11 pm

Larry is obviously nowhere near lebron, I’m not saying that at all just that he can be a good player, larry’s high is 44 tho not too bad, and the best thing about Brons 55 is he was 8-11 from deep, I’m saying if he gets a consistent jumper he won’t be stopped

• 14 PDiddy // Feb 20, 2009 at 11:19 pm

Yo. Monetize this site with Stub Hub and Ebay. Chase that paper yo!

• 15 omerome // Feb 21, 2009 at 7:08 am

Thank you Pax for taking Jerome James!

• 16 J // Feb 21, 2009 at 7:55 am

Thank SNY.TV for shouting you guys out on their their show - That’s how I found this site…

• 17 c // Feb 21, 2009 at 9:25 am

^ya same found this site through sny. kind of discouraging though…

• 18 eff u baastards // Feb 21, 2009 at 9:44 am

yo clevelands fans,

stop acting like you aren’t peeing ur pants in fear that lebron might come to the knicks. its definitely a strong possibility. lebron is too big a star to stay in ur tiny inadequate lil town forever.

• 19 Make Yourselves @ Home « Beats by Taka 4 Heads to Rock 2 // Feb 21, 2009 at 5:12 pm

[…] fit into D’Antoni’s system, and Hughes will… be Hugues (see the blog “Hey Larry Hughes, Please Stop Taking So Many Bad Shots“).  First of all, the Knicks needed backcourt help to offset Chris Duhon’s exorbitant […]

• 20 PDiddy // Feb 21, 2009 at 7:43 pm

Lebron is ALL ABOUT CLEVELAND. Especially when he wears a Yankees cap and trolls the Dallas Cowboys sideline.

• 21 Jay Bee // Feb 21, 2009 at 11:04 pm

You Chicago guys don’t get it. You still think Pax is a good GM. Not that ours is much better. Later on that. Credit on this trade should go to DWalsh. He stuck you guys with “Tiny Tim” Thomas who at 6′10 would rather hang out at the 3 pt. line (.367 for his career) than grab rebounds, plays no defense and does not know what “go to the hole” means. “Big Snaxx” James who is like 340 and still growing and will not take a buyout. He wants his money and has a player option for next year. He will exercise that option and ride on your bench like he was strapped in with a seat belt. Then there’s Anthony Chuckerson who will wow you in the preseason with his incredible shooting and disappear during the season and takes shots that would make Larry Hughes wince. A real t-shirt all-star. So yeah, keep celebrating. Pax traded Nocioni away. NOCIONI!! So enjoy the lottery.

BTW - 2010 is a hoax. By floating that as a long term strategy Walsh brings down expectations and buys time for D’Antoni to get his system in place so the media doesn’t rip him apart while he’s building.

So if you can imagine us being happy about Hughes, now you understand why. You just inherited just about the worst garbage the NBA has to offer. We can compare notes at the end of the season to see who got the worst of it.

You can find me and us (Knicks Fanatics) at http://nyer.sosblog.com no www’s.

• 22 Jay Bee // Feb 21, 2009 at 11:11 pm

The last time Tiny Tim was traded to the Bulls he was asked to stay away from the team. This time Vinny thinks he can be useful. Thomas thinks he can catch cancer from being in the paint. The problem is…he IS cancer.

• 23 Jay Bee // Feb 21, 2009 at 11:15 pm

Don’t know what happened to my previous post. But here we go. You Chicago guys don’t get it. You still think Pax is a good GM. Not that ours is much better. Later on that. Credit on this trade should go to DWalsh. He stuck you guys with “Tiny Tim” Thomas who at 6′10 would rather hang out at the 3 pt. line (.367 for his career) than grab rebounds and does not know what “go to the hole” means. “Big Snaxx” James who is like 340 and still growing and will not take a buyout. He wants his money and has a player option for next year. He will exercise that option and ride on your bench like he was strapped in with a seat belt. Then there’s Anthony Chuckerson who will wow you in the preseason with his incredible shooting and disappear during the season taking shots that would make Larry Hughes wince. So yeah, keep celebrating. Pax traded Nocioni. NOCIONI!! Enjoy the lottery.

• 24 towerman // Feb 22, 2009 at 2:36 am

Thanks John Paxson for selling Hughes…
    But can you explain me why you’ve sold NOCIONI?

• 25 Knicksfan // Feb 22, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Oh Geez! First game with the knicks and he’s already wreaking havoc. 1 for 9 shooting where 8 of the 9 shots were forced.

• 26 Owen // Feb 22, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Well, the Larry Hughes era has begun in New York, with a beautiful 1-9 performance, got to love it when a guy delivers exactly what you expect him to…

• 27 Michael // Feb 22, 2009 at 12:37 pm

God damn Larry Hughes,
    Single handedly lost the game vs the Raptors today by going 1-9 finishing with 1 reb 1 TO and 3 pts. He just seemed so lost in the offensive.

• 28 dan // Feb 22, 2009 at 1:10 pm

larry hughes is sooooo bad. we only made this deal because this bum doesn’t have a contract through 2010 and we got rid of jerome james. he lost the game for the knicks today when chucked up as many shots as he could in 15 minutes (1-9). mike d’antoni is a smart guy and i’m sure if hughes continues this chuckfest that has gone throughout his career he’ll sit him. i hope….

• 29 K // Feb 22, 2009 at 2:48 pm

“Pax = GM of the Year” I can only hope that is sarcasm . . .

• 30 spmack in south shore, chicago // Feb 22, 2009 at 10:03 pm

I noticed that “Big Shot Larry” couldn’t wait to wear a headband again. The Bulls, for whatever reasons, have a teamwide ban on headbands. Ben Wallace was the only one that was “allowed” to.

• 31 John Paxson // Feb 22, 2009 at 10:07 pm

Guys, I have completely decided to make your lives miserable. This move didn’t do much, but prevent me from being fired. Soon I will trade away more draft picks and make a dumb free agent signing. All for you fans!

• 32 Larry Hughes // Feb 22, 2009 at 10:08 pm

Hi, Haters!

This ya boy silky smooth saying I’m a pimp, and this website is horrible and not even designed good. Whoever made this site should seriously think about putting effort into it. Also, I’ve made more money in one games worth than you will ever see in your life, so please, get on my level!

To New York: I can’t stand you guys and your love for LeBron James. We’ve joked all the time about how NY fans are sad and will do anything to actually see him in a Knicks jersey. He laughed and we both wanted to know what you guys will be like once he re-signs in Cleveland.

Have fun trying for him, though, he loves the attention!

• 33 The City Of Cleveland // Feb 23, 2009 at 2:24 am

Kevin M and Eff U Baastards-

Honestly, no one in Cleveland is peeing our pants over the thought of losing LeBron in 2010 TO THE KNICKS. Why should we? You talk smack about our tiny little inadequate burg? Sounds like you both have penis envy. Who would’ve thought it from New Yorkers?

Remember that NYC ain’t Miami, LA, or San Diego. Your weather is just as shitty as ours, and your quality of life is a hell of a lot worse. Notice how LBJ built his mansion in a nice, quiet, relatively secluded neighborhood of Akron? Not in downtown Cleveland, or downtown anywhere-else for that matter. He chose an area with TREES, BACKYARDS, PEACE, and TRANQUILITY. He’s a family man, after all. None of those can be found within a two hour radius of NYC.

The Salary Cap IS going down next year, and then AGAIN the year after. Your ability to sign two max contracts IS GONE. Your ability to surround LBJ with championship caliber players IS GONE. And you couldn’t even offer him anywhere near as much $$ as C-Town EVEN BEFORE this news came out.

I’ve still yet to hear any New Yorker ever give one single decent reason why LeBron would even want to go to NYC. Oh right, it’s because Jay-Z is there. Give me a break! Or is it because he craves the love and devoted attention of a big city? Are you kidding me? That’s actually another reason he’d stay in Cleveland. LBJ is treated like a living god in this town. In NYC, the Knicks will always play fifth fiddle behind the Yanks, Mets, Giants, and Jets. LBJ would always have to share the spotlight with Jeter, ARod, Sabathia, Johan Santana, Eli Manning, etc. He would never be THE FACE of the city like he is in Cleveland.

Here’s some facts for you my NYC friends:

Money Advantage: Cleveland
    Family & Friends Advantage: Cleveland
    “Childhood Hometown” Advantage: Cleveland
    Playing Facility (Arena) Advantage: Cleveland
    Practice Facility Advantage: Cleveland
    Team Owner Advantage: Cleveland
    Team Front Office Advantage: Cleveland
    Team Talent Advantage: Cleveland

Need we go on? Sorry I have to be the one’s to break this to you, but there’s a better chance LBJ will sign with Atlanta in 2010 than with the freaking Knicks!!

In the meantime, you have fun with Larry Hughes. And your male inadequacies. Come to think of it, you’re actually a perfect fit for Larry…

• 34 Norbert Morvan // Feb 23, 2009 at 2:59 am

I knew this would happen. Oh, he hasn’t played in a while, so now he can’t shoot…what will his excuse be a month or so from now when he is still clanging away at the rim?

I miss Jamal Crawford. God help my Knicks…
    …on the plus side, you can trade Larry Hughes for Kevin Durant on NBA live 09. Hughes is rated EIGHTY THREE.

• 35 Tristan // Feb 23, 2009 at 5:24 am

Kevin M and Eff U Baastards-

You guys really make me ashamed to be both a New Yorker & a Knicks fan. That’s saying a lot considering the past few years of Knicks History haven’t even made me feel this way.

Let’s face it, come 2010 LeBron will still be a Cavalier. It’s a great dream for us to romanticize, but we have to wake up eventually. Like the City of Cleveland posted earlier, Cleveland has a lot more advantages. The only thing I’d argue with is the arena advantage, but in the scope of things it’s really a moot point.

Kevin M, as much as it pains me to say, even if he did come to NY he wouldn’t bring a championship. Is he a great player? Yes. Would I rate him higher than Kobe? Without a doubt. Can one piece guarantee success? No. That’s why you look so ignorant by saying if LeBron leaves the Cavs they will be the worst team in the league. Do you even follow the NBA? Look around at the rest of the roster, while they’re not all necessarily at All Star levels they’re certainly nothing to scoff at and I’d welcome any of them on the NY roster. I’d rather have their depth than 2 max contract players surrounded by average to subpar players. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a diehard Knicks fan, but I’m realistic about our roster. Aside from David Lee, Chris Duhon, Wilson Chandler and potentially Danillo Gallinari (if he can live up to his potential and learn how to play D) there aren’t any players on the current roster I can envision on a championship caliber club. Even with David Lee (one of my favorite players) I can’t realistically see him being the starting 4 on a championship squad. Like I said, he’s one of my favorite players, but can you see him going toe to toe with Garnett in a playoff series? What about Tim Duncan? Even Bosh. Yes, Bosh didn’t dominate the past few games, but he’s coming off an injury that he should probably still be resting. He’d make an amazing 6th man, but I can’t see him being the starting PF on a championship team. He’s still young and a very hard worker, so I’m sure there are a lot of aspects of his game that will get even better with time, but he’s very undersized. He’s 6′9 and while he’s killing it on the glass he needs to be able to contest shots. He only has .27 blocks per game this year. Sure, he out rebounds everyone, but that comes more from boxing out, IQ and positioning than anything else. Opposing teams that do their scouting and know to pound the ball inside murder us.

Also, Does LeBron’s jumper really need much work? Maybe. Enough to start a website for it? No. His “inconsistent” jumper isn’t hurting the team like Larry Hughes’ shot selection was. It would really help round out LeBron’s game if he could develop his jumper even more, but there are pieces around him in place to shoot the threes or take jumpers when they’re left open because of a LeBron double team. I would much rather have someone that could take it to the rim for the conventional three point play than someone with the size to do it that chooses not to. His basketball IQ is amazing, he’s smart enough to know to drive it inside when the shots aren’t falling and to keep shooting when they are. That’s a lot more than we can say about Al Harrington. The kid’s still young, he’s what - 23? He’s got plenty of potential left to work towards. One of the most respectable things about him is that despite being as good as he is he still puts in time over the summer to work on his game. His FT percentage is up 6% from last year, something I see being much more valuable to his game than his ability to hit the three on a consistent basis.

Eff u baastards, while I think NYC is one of the greatest cities in the world (home loyalty) I wouldn’t call Cleveland a “tiny inadequate lil town.” Your ignorance disgusts me, do some research before talking shit.

As a fan of LeBron in general I can honestly say that I hope Cleveland hangs on to him. I’d love it if the Knicks stole him, but you know he’ll be getting booed at the Garden the second he has an off game. After the booing comes then media scrutiny. Look at almost any big name player that’s come to NY through a big trade or free agency. They’re going to do it to CC Sabathia this year and you know they’ll do it to LeBron in 2010. The NY sports scene is more about tearing down stars than helping build them up and LeBron is too good of a kid to do that to.

• 36 Dave // Feb 23, 2009 at 7:25 am

From a Bulls fan i’d like to say thanks to the Knicks for taking the cancer that is Mr Larry Hughes.

I dont think anyone can fully understand just how bad he is until he plays for their team. When the Cavs dumped him on the Bulls a lot of fans thought he might be decent, he’d fit the system better and so on.

Of course this was not true, Larry Hughes does not fit any system except his own, one of inexplicable contested fall away 3pt jumpers with 20 seconds left on the clock.. repeatedly.

I’m glad the Knicks got him too, no team more deserving of him. He’s going to play for the other team every night until the knicks send him home like the Bulls.

Enjoy your one and a half more years with big shit Larry. You’ll be begging for the return of Tim Thomas soon.

• 37 BG // Feb 23, 2009 at 7:53 am

It’s all good. I’m not too happy to have Hughes either but there is a potential (maybe a slim one) for him to change some of his game with D’Antoni’s system and if not, D’Antoni wouldn’t think twice about benching him. Except for Thomas, it isn’t like we used his replacements that much… by the way, good luck with Big Snacks. The Bulls will be wondering what ever happened to their Gatorade.

• 38 stingy d // Feb 23, 2009 at 8:28 am

we appear to have been tagged with a life-threatening disease.

• 39 stingy d // Feb 23, 2009 at 8:30 am

• 40 Big Free // Feb 23, 2009 at 9:06 am

Leave the guy alone if he plays better than Jerome James (when was the last time James played. High School maybe we have the better of the deal. Tim Thomas I have no comment about. Oh yes I do he sticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Larry please shoot the dam ball!!!!!!!! Big Free Norwalk,CT

• 41 jonathan // Feb 23, 2009 at 3:02 pm

people keep saying lebron has NO CHANCE to come to ny in 2010. someone who says knows nothing about basketball. there is over a 50% chance that lebron will go to the knicks in 2010. lebron has said that he wants to be the first BILLIONARE athelte. You might think, oh billionare, he’ll get there. the only way hell get there is if he gets tons more endorsements. lebron has only made about 250 million in his career so far.( nba contracts and endorsements included) obviously he doesnt have 250 mil in assets, he probably has about 90 mil or less. the tax on 250 mill is about 100 mil so that leaves him with 150, and obviously he lives the lavish lifestyle by going to expensive parties, dinners, shows. he spends millions on cars. the nba contract is 20 million per year, which is if he plays for the next 20 years( which he wont) he will have 400 million b4 tax dollars, ( which is about 250 or less. obviously the only way lebron can reach his goal is to move to the largest market in the WORLD, and rake up as much endorsements as possible. his sneaker like for example would be much more successful if he played in a big market( like mike did( chicago)).

What people forget is, this is lebrons job. why do people work…to make money….people want to make as much money as they can…. lebron wants to be that billionaire athlete. lebron said, the loyalty i show to cleveland is by playin hard everynight, if i guy gets injured the team will move on, wheres the loyalty there, i have to do the best for myself. those are lebrons words not mine and it should send chills down clevelands spine. you guys probaly kno that quote but choose to ignore it. when its all said and done, lebron james is a MAN. a man who want to be a billionare, he prefers his legacy to lie in his wealth than his mere job as being a basketball player. sure its nice to win a championship, but that can be done in ny also, but if he doesnt win it, whats the worst that can happen… OHH LEBRON WAS THE BEST PLAYER WITHOUT A RING, IF ONLY HE STAYED IN CLEVELAND…….how much does that really matter, hes a billionare, what does the words of a couple journalist do to him?? people really need to stop thinkin athletes care soo much about the game it isnt life or death, lebron said it also” its not life or death, its basketball”.
    so many people think the KNOW lebron, they KNOW he wants to stay in his home town, THEY know he loves cleveland , THEY KNOW what he thinks or how proffesional athletes think. there human beings that would like to have something called money and as much of it as possible.

• 42 Rich // Feb 23, 2009 at 3:13 pm

Ugh. Ok Cleveland fans, I’ll try and put this in terms that you slack-jawed yokels can understand. Lebron is leaving Cleveland. Why? Because its Cleveland.

Lebron has stated multiple times that he wants to be a “worldwide icon”, which he undoubtedly already is. The logic here, is that if he can be a worldwide icon in a town as apathy-inducing as Cleveland, its almost unimaginable how his popularity would gain in NY. The Knicks are continually the most valuable NBA franschise, despite Isaiah’s prior efforts to kill their team. Nate Robinson and David Lee have higher selling jerseys than Dwight Howard. Theres over 20 million people in the metropolitan area alone. Sorry Cleveland, but you can’t compete with those numbers.

And its not just the numbers. The Knicks will be able to sign one of Wade, Bosh, or Amare, and have a probable lottery pick this year. They have a coach that any player in the NBA would die to play for and have a GM that has turned a four year rebuilding process into a two year one. They have a young an talented team, with all of their scrubs (Hughes!) set to be off the books by 2010. In fact, they’ll barely have anyone on the books save for Gallinari and Chandler should they choose to not re-up Lee. They can have their choice of role players to surround Lebron because every vet who doesnt have a ring will want to play there (ala Boston last year). And they play at the Garden, the mecca of basketball, but I wouldn’t expect you poor Cleveland slobs to understand things like that.

Its not exactly like the Cavs have surrounded him with All-Stars. The team is good of course, but only because of Lebron. You substitute LBJ with a lesser star, say Joe Johnson, and that team doesn’t make the playoffs. But seriously, he’ll resign in 2010 because he’s amped to play with a 36 year old Z and Mo Williams. Thats a deal sealer.

Anyways, enjoy while you can

• 43 Jim // Feb 23, 2009 at 3:21 pm

Ummm, you guys do know that Larry Hughes isn’t going to be with us in 2010…. Only 3 guys are signed past that time right now, and they are Eddy Curry (unfortunately), Danilo and Wilson Chandler (maybe more– not sure, but do know that Larry isn’t).

I’m just clarifying that.

I hear bad things about this guy and as a Knick fan, I can only hope he changes his way. If not, I’ll be hating on him just as I do with all the other Knicks, other than Chris, Gallo and Wil.

• 44 jonathan // Feb 23, 2009 at 5:29 pm

jeffries is also on that list of players that will be in contract in 2010, but u can bet that curry and jeffries will be shipped out during the nba draft( when the knicks can trade players before the resigning period. they will give up lee and nate FOR NOTHING, just so other teams can take the burden of currys contract and jeffries. that will basically give the knicks a sub20 win season for 2009-2010, but really, who cares, after that, it will be instant dynasty, not a championship after 4 more years of lebron and his teamates getting better, it will be and instant DYNASTY!!!!

• 45 Depressed Knicks fan // Feb 23, 2009 at 7:28 pm

In the past, I loved this site. Now, it just depresses me.

• 46 ajarvis32 // Feb 23, 2009 at 9:14 pm

Did I really see somebody say that Hughes will “ruin” Nate Robinson and Al Harrington to the point of taking bad shots? Have you SEEN those two play at all?? I don’t think Robinson or Harrington will ever be accused of having good shot selection, but I guess as long as Nate Rob gets his highlight dunk and Harrington is on a team with guys like Hughes and Nate Rob, they will look ok to people who don’t know basketball. Can David Lee and Chris Duhon just play 2-on-5 for the rest of the season? But, one positive out of all of this…Hughes makes it more likely that Knick fans will welcome back Marbury with open arms. Please play the 2-guard Steph!!!

• 47 Melvin // Feb 24, 2009 at 6:41 am

f*ck you dude! I bet its you who convinced Walsh with your eye popping articles to acquire Larry Hughes! if only crawford had just a shorter contract, the knicks wouldnt surely trade him

• 48 The "New" York Knicks Anew | The Basketball Nonsense // Feb 24, 2009 at 6:44 am

[…] this season. Watching the two Knicks game with Hughes, I wanted to make an appeal to the owner of the site that yells to Hughes for taking so many bad shots to please continue posting again. Maybe that way Larry Hughes can “reclaim” his […]

• 49 dave // Feb 24, 2009 at 8:03 am

From today’s NY Times:

“Larry Hughes, acquired in a trade last week, was again shaky, going 2 for 7 and scoring 5 points in his first home game as Knick. He found the Garden less than friendly. Hughes was booed after missing his first four shots, booed again after a turnover and then booed when he checked in and out of the game. He went 0 for 5 before making a fast-break layup and a 3-pointer late in the third quarter.”

• 50 DocZeus // Feb 24, 2009 at 11:00 am

If you Knicks fan really think you’re going to be able to sign Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade AND Lebron James in 2010 for about 30 million dollars LESS than they can get with their current squad in the middle of the worst economic recession in 80 years than you are certifiably insane.

You might get one but definitely not all three.
    And that player will wallow in mediocrity for a team that continues to show bad judgment even after they fired Isaiah Thomas. Ask Baron Davis how it feels to play in the bright lights of Los Angeles on a terrible team with no future.

• 51 lolz // Feb 24, 2009 at 7:17 pm

some of these people that think lebron going to new york is gonna happen are hilarious.

more endorsements? hey bro, look at the facts, lebron is already the 3rd highest athlete in the world in terms of revenue brought in from endorsements.

he makes more than kobe bryant who happens to play in a city about 12 times as big as little old cleveland.

not to mention that he’d take a very large paycut to play in new york, about 32 million.

lebron wants to be a worldwide icon?

how’s he gonna be a worldwide icon playing on a shitty knicks team? because guess what? lebron to the knicks in 2010 is a lot like the cavs landing lebron in the lottery, he’ll be stuck with a bunch of stiffs like he was in 2003 and maybe 4 or 5 years later they will actually be decent

think he wants to go through that in his prime?

hey rich, what else ya got for me besides taking cheap shots at the city of cleveland?

do you realize how much pride lebron takes in being from northeastern ohio?

and while people always point on the yankee cap, or the dallas sideline, somehow, someway, the fact that you can find him on the sidelines of most ohio state football games seems to get lost in the cracks somewhere.

being in a big market isn’t what it was 20-3o years ago..

especially when the nba has rules that don’t allow big cities to bully other cities with bloated contracts like major league baseball does. there are rules, and the rules favor the team that drafted the player.

and rich, one more thing bro..

if lebron wants out of cleveland so bad, why’d he sign the extenstion in 2006? he didn’t have to. if he wanted to, he could have turned it down and left the team a year later.

come on, where’s your shit excuse?

lebron ain’t goin anywhere folks. the money is in cleveland, the championships are in cleveland, and after chris bosh signs in 201o, the dynasty will be there too.

“Anyways, enjoy while you can”

oh, we are.

and after 2010, you can start your countdown to 2016.

enjoy it, and enjoy mike dantoni’s can’t win style of basketball.

lolz

• 52 BullsFan // Feb 24, 2009 at 7:20 pm

Lebron definately aint goin to NY with Larry there cucking shyt around for fun

THANK U KNICKS!

• 53 knickzfan3 // Feb 25, 2009 at 7:18 pm

i was sooooo happy when they got rid of jamal crawford for his terrible shots now that they got larry hughes im devestated and am only happy because this will make more rebound opportunities for david lee

• 54 knickzfan3 // Feb 25, 2009 at 7:19 pm

lolz likes boys

• 55 jaylor // Feb 25, 2009 at 11:07 pm

1/6 tonight, +/- was -10. The streak continues!

• 56 dave // Feb 26, 2009 at 6:35 am

larry hughes…keeping it real by shooting 4 for 22 so far as a knick!

• 57 Kevin M // Feb 28, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Larry puts up 25

Just to let u guys know Im from St. Louis not New York never have lived there or anything so I dunno what thats about. Im just a fan of Larry and fully know that he is not on lebron’s level I just said hes not as bad as this website makes him out to be. Lebron is great but Kobe is DEFINITELY a better player.

• 58 Kimpy // Feb 28, 2009 at 2:33 pm

So Kevin M, your boy got 25 points on a losing cause. Big deal, Laura gets to hack a decent game once every two weeks, so did you want us to overlook those 7-8 execrable games in between? Are you willing to bet your lifetime savings that Laura finishes the season with his usual atrocious 40% percent shooting and numerous bonehead plays?

PS. Oh yeah, Laura and Kobe have similarities -they both take a lot of bad shots. The only difference is that Kobe is more talented. Could you imagine if Laura played with Kobe? Wow, the two could have had a lot of fistfights since Kobe feels he is the only one entitled to taking bad shots.

• 59 Kevin M // Mar 1, 2009 at 12:05 pm

Kimpy,

What is your arguement that Larry takes some bad shots? I agree with that. Alot of the players in the NBA do take some bad shots including Kobe and Lebron, and I agree those shots aren’t as bad for them because they are so talented. The only thing Im saying is you guys make Larry out to be like the worst player in the league and if you know anything about the NBA and have followed him at all you would know he is a pretty good player, not great not an all star but nowhere near what you guys make him out to be. The guy averaged around 22, 5 and 5 and led the league in steals for a season thats not a decent game every 2 weeks. All the hatred seems to come from how he played when he was with cleveland which was not his best but you have to blame some of that on Larry and some of that on Mike Brown. Brown is a damn good coach but I dont know why you sign a guy for 13 mill that is a shooting guard and a scorer and then tell him to play the point, which he is not very good at. He is the type of player that needs the ball in his hands to score and with Lebron dominating the ball the whole game larry isn’t a spot up shooter like boobie and them. I understand why you would be pissed that he didn’t play like he did in washington in cleveland but you also have to realize the situation was much different. If they would have had a solid pg with Larry and LJ I think he would have done much better.

• 60 Kimpy // Mar 1, 2009 at 10:57 pm

Kevin,
    For the money Laura Hughes is stealing, yeah he is absolutely the worst. Did you read Bill Simon’s column - just getting a dead corpse for Larry Hughes was already a moral victory.
    Fact is, even on a good shooting night, Laura still finds a way to lose the game or at least contribute significantly to a loss . Sure he got 25 points against Miami but he let Dwade explode for nearly 50 points and tons of assists. Then when he was supposed to take an open shot, he passed up resulting in bad shot for the Knicks in the waning moments of that game. Oh, Wade also blocked him late with the game up for grabs.
    What a loser!
    Hey for all his faults, Mike Brown treated Laura far better than he deserved. Despite his numerous boneheaders, Brown cut him all the slacks in the world that the author of this website credited Mike Brown for an assist everytime he took out Laura.

And why shouldn’t Cleveland not hate him? Cleveland carried him far farther in the play-offs than in any of his many previous teams and he had the nerve to say he wasn’t happy. Served him right, he goes to the Bulls who couldn’t make it to the play-offs with him around after making it to the second round of the play-offs. the previous year.
    After his trade to the Bulls, Laura said Chicago is his kind of team . So what happened? He pulled off the same boners. Chicago got worse and couldn’t even make the play-offs (That’s worth reiterating) . Then this season Laura thought aloud to everyone that his atrocious below 40% shooting deserves not just playing time but a starter’s berth and Vinny Del Negro deservingly put him in the doghouse, the very thing Mike Borwn should have done a long time ago.

Those 22-5-5 stats in his last Wizards season was highly misleading. He got a lot of uncontested basket on an open field and should have shot far better than his 43% fg. His All Defense team was undeserved, for every steals he pulled off, he got burned thrice more which were unaccounted..

And no, I am not buying to your claim that a solid point guard with Laura and LBJ would have done better. Laura, was, is and will always be an atrocious shooter with a horrible attitude. He’d rather score 20 points, have his way and lose than score low and contribute to a win.

He is now in under Mike D’. So are you willing to bet that even with an offensive mastermind like MIke D”, Laura will still finish with his usual 42% or below shooting percentage?

• 61 anonymous // Mar 2, 2009 at 12:17 pm

oh wow he was decent for 1 year…… disregarding the fact that EVERY OTHER YEAR OF HIS CAREER HE HAS SUCKED

• 62 Kevin M // Mar 4, 2009 at 7:55 pm

LARRY IS TEARIN IT UP!!!

SUCK HIS BALLS

• 63 kevin M is weird // Mar 5, 2009 at 1:52 am

i dont get why u wanna defend someone who gets paid 13 mil a year only to play like a highschool kobe-wanna-be.
    just let him be his crappy self with an atrocious amount of ego. dont get so worked up over someone as rich as laura hughes getting basked for his undeserving salary.

• 64 Jay Bee // Mar 5, 2009 at 4:22 am

Knicks beat the Atlanta Hawks tonight. Larry Hughes 9-18 from the field, 2-4 from 3 and 3-4 from the line for 23 points. 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals. Is this that good night you were talking about? We’ll take it. Ha ha ha. Can we interest you guys from Chicago in a Quentin Richardson for Tyrus Thomas trade? Before you laugh, think about it. Pax would do something like that. Maybe the next website should be http://www.heypaxpleasestopmakingsomanystupidtrades.com lol

• 65 Jay Bee // Mar 5, 2009 at 4:31 am

I’m actually thankful for this site because it holds him accountable and forces him to have to look at himself and his game. He’ll have to grow up. That’s what happened to Jamal Crawford. He was just starting to grow up and not take so many bad shots. But he wouldn’t play a lick of defense so I’m glad he’s gone. That’s what we’re focusing on with Hughes is his defense. When he doesn’t play defense we’re on his azz like strings on shoes. In NY it’s the pace you have to get used to night in and night out. Duhon is already starting to wear down so it’s good to have someone come in fresh so to speak. It gives him some much needed rest to get ready for that playoff push. Yeah, I said it. What!!?

• 66 Jay Bee // Mar 5, 2009 at 4:41 am

Other athletes need a site like this to help them with their game. Accountability is priceless. They get paid don’t they? Part of their pay is to take the outside pressure as well. http://www.heytayshaunprinceliftsomeweightswhydontcha.com http://www.willdirknowitskievergetarebound.com http://www.jeromejamesisfat.com http://www.eddycurryneedsapersonaltrainerandchef.com

• 67 Smooth // Mar 5, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Larry tearin it up his last 3 games… Back in game shape and in a system that fits him!

• 68 ake // Mar 7, 2009 at 3:00 pm

Larry Hughes isnt actually doin that bad. He got his legs into the games and shooting really good. hes got himself good shots and not really shooting bad shots. He is also GREAT in d fense. After being a knick fan for all this time, i havent seen good d fense like this.

• 69 Evan // Mar 10, 2009 at 11:42 am

Larry is a bad ass

• 70 Kevin M // Mar 10, 2009 at 7:40 pm

HAHA LARRY IS THE SHIIIIIIIT, kimpo I hope you watched the game tonight……

Larry dropped 39pts 6 boards 4 steals and 2 dimes….and most importantly got the W.

• 71 Larry Hughes // Mar 11, 2009 at 12:22 am

Hi Haters!

• 72 Ted // Mar 11, 2009 at 8:15 am

Larry Hughes is doing an excellent job as a Knick and seroiusly, you guys should really stop acting like Larry Hughes is a terrible ball player. I must say that he is one of the best defenders in the NBA. I understand that you guys are furious because of the way he played in Cleveland and that you guys expected better from him but you guys need to understand that things were not the same.

• 73 Kimpy // Mar 11, 2009 at 11:31 am

Wooo, slowdown Kevin M. Like I’ve said Laura Hughes will play decently once in a while to tease you. Where the hell where you when he shot something like 3 of 8 and 4 of 11 the two previous games.? Laura is a volume shooter who will get on a lucky streak once every full moon. so he got 39 points, didn’t change the fact that his shot selections were bad, they just happen to go in last night. Doesn’t it tell you anything when he just had a career high 44 points and the Cavs immediately sent him to the Bulls therafter?

My bets are still on - are you willing to wager that Laura Hughes will finish the season with his typical 42% shooting percentage and many game boners? The Bulls fans created their own trade-Laura website. Are you willing to bet that the Knicks will have one too very soon?

And Laura Hughes indeed found a home, a bad lottery team where he can chuck as many bad shots as he wants rather than be a good role player on a title contender. Isn’t this what Laura wanted all along - scoring big on a horrible team without regards to team success?

Seriously, Laura is a terrible player - Mo Williams who is earning only 2/3 of what Laura is stealing comes to the Cavs, became an All-Star, and suddenly they are on an historic season that could well land their first title. Has the Knicks really improved with the addition of Laura? While having Laura, the Bulls regressed badly despite having super rookie Derek Rose. It’s just the Bulls misfortune that Lebron can carry a terrible player better than Rose.

And geez, not only is Laura not Mo Williams, he is not even Delonte West who is being paid just 1/3 of what Laura is stealing. West is much better than Laura, both on offense and defense. He is even a better playmaker. He has even hit a gme winner in a play-off game last year . And above all, he isn’t a CANCER who is always complaining to media and feeding poison to Gilbert Arenas’ blogs. Mind you this is the same Delonte WEst who was just the third guard behind Earl Watson and Like Ridnour on that moribund Sonics/ Thunder team of 2007-2008.
    Say that again, a third guard on a horrible, horrible team then fitting in nicely to a ttile contender? Could Laura be that horrible? YES, he is and worse!

• 74 Kevin M // Mar 11, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Kimpy,

Do u watch basketball?

first of all take away larry’s first two games after he hadn’t played in a month and he has played consistently well averaging around 20 pts a game and he has been taking mostly good shots, so this hasn’t been a couple game fluke..
    But you are the guy that said his season where he averaged 22, 5, 5 and led the league in steals was luck. Are u serious man? I will agree that is not how he has performed his whole career but to say an entire season in the NBA is luck just doesn’t make sense.

If hes as bad as you make him out to be why does he continue to start? Why did D antoni put him in the starting lineup? Maybe just Maybe he, a pretty good NBA coach sees he can play. Even in Cleveland Mike Brown liked him cuz he knew larry played D, he played hurt when he could, and he wasn’t playing the way he liked to help the team, he didn’t like it but he did it.

Now don’t get me wrong Larry is not Lebron, or Kobe, or Deron Williams or any of those all stars, but he is a good player.

Mo Williams and Delonte West are playing well because they are doing what they do, Mo is a point gaurd who can score and that is what the cavs are letting him do. Larry was not a point gaurd and thats what cleveland tried to make him, he scores with the ball in his hands not a spot up shooter. The only thing I dont understand is why did cleveland pay him all that money if they weren’t going to use him in the ways that they knew he could be successful.

And delonte is a good player but he is NOT better defensively and probably not offensively either, hes a nice player and good spot up shooter who fits in well with lebron but if you take lebron away and ask him to avg 20 hes not gonna do that. The reason he plays better in cleveland than he did in seattle is because everyone on the court has to focus on lebron and delonte can just knock down open jumpers.

I know Larry is not a god or anything like you people make lebron to be. But if you really think he is as horrible as you make him out to be, you dont know too much about hoops.

• 75 he's playing well. can't argue with that. // Mar 11, 2009 at 11:11 pm

Hughes accountable for another comeback W tonight… yes he makes more money that he should but we shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that he is just a rental for the Knicks- Kevin M is right, he really isn’t that bad, perfect fit for knicks who won’t need him around anymore for big $$ in a year or two when the Knicks are way under cap. Fits D’antonis system very well (and its true that he shoots every opportunity he gets)

• 76 Kimpy // Mar 12, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Kevin M,

It should be me asking you ,”Do you even watch basketball?” and not the other way around. I am here to tell you I know basketball more than you do.

The Cavs bent backward any which way but loose just to accomodate Laura, to make her happy. They made him shooting guard -couldn’t cut it because he is just a bricklayer and a supposed slasher who couldn’t finish. Then they made him a point guard -turned out to be worse as he is just a dumb decision maker who still jacked off many stupid 20 footers with nobody underneath the board and with about 20 seconds left in the shot clock.and a loppy ballhandler. Then they made him sixth man - still no cigar and worst, he begun spreading poison in the Cavs locker room.

Then he went to the Bulls and his ineptitude was magnified even further. Did you even see that play where Laura selfishly and stupidly charged against three defenders on a break on TWO successive plays while Derek Rose was free on the wings? Do I need to tell you that the Bulls not lost 4 easy points but likewise surrendered another 4 points to the opponents that Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro was moved to say “If they can’t make good basketball decision, then I’ll have to make good coaching decision. ” In case you didn’t know, Laura was put in the doghouse by a bad team that probably wouldn’t even see the play-offs this year.

Laura continues to start for various reasons: For the Cavs, they were misled by his misleading 2004–05 season. Then in 2007-08, he had to start to showcase him so a sucker can take the albatross of their necks. Chicago was that sucker aand even gloated for awhile that they got the better of the Ben Wallace-Laura Hughes trade. Sure Wallace has overpaid too but to his credit, he never tried to do what he is not capable of and has been a great locker room presence. And what about your girl Laura with the Bulls? Like the Cavs, they did everything to accomodate Laura becasue of his huge contract. They made him shooting guard, point guard, small forward, starter, reserve with no success. Then he had the nerve (typical loose canon Laura) to complain AGAIN to media!

Sorry but I disagree that Laura is better than Delonte. Put them both in the open market for the same price and I guarantee you, 30 teams will grab Delonte first. For a guy who brags about his knowledge of basketball, you sure are one gullible fanatic to fall for Laura’s freak 22 point season. He is a conscienceless and remoreseless chucker who will hoist it no matter the percentage, the situation and the consequences. Laura will give 20 today but about 10 tomorrow with an aggregate shooting percentage of around 40%. Meanwhile, Delonte will give around 14 today and maybe 12 tomorrow while shooting around 50%.
    Delonte will battle you on defense with grit and relentlessness anchored on fundamental defensive principles. Laura will often overplay so he can go for the crowd pleasing steal and dunks in the open court. Left unaccounted for are zillion times he was burned. And the next you watch Laura, observe how he defends the pick-and roll/pop plays. He always never know how to go around picks - hell his best defensive move is to shout “switch!”

And get this: Mo Williams is not your classic point guard. He has the shooting touch of a shooting guard but is basically an average playmaker. But you know what, he tries to fit in, never has any delusions and does not try to do what he is not capable of. And he was rewarded with an All-Star selection.

You are what you repeatedly do, not what you occassionaly do. Come back to me the next Laura Hughes finishes the season with a better his usuall atrocious 42% shooting percentage. Sure, sure Knicks won again and Laura had 22 points on 7-17 shooting. I’ll do the math for you, that’s 41%. Are you betting the Knicks will win consistently with Laura bricking 41% percent of his many atrociouos shots this season? and you are you willing to bet that by the end of thje season New Yorkers will cry oput for Laura’s head again just like those folks in Cleveland and Chicago did?

• 77 Kevin M // Mar 13, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Kimpo,

Dude we can argue this for years, u obviously hate larry and I like him. I don’t understand how u can think a player that consistently starts, NBA coaches say he plays great defense and is playing great right now is the worst player in the league? But you obviously have some deep hatred for him so its pointless for us to keep having the same arguement. Sunday Knicks vs. Cavs that should be fun to watch.

• 78 Kimpy // Mar 14, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Kevo,
    5 of 15% last night for a terrific 33% shooting percentage plus lots of boners! Wow, am I a genuis or you’re just too blind? And no, we don’t have to argue about this for years - just look at the facts, they are all there.

There’s one more number that may be added to the glorious Laura resume - another Hate Larry Website. There are two at the moment, one each by the Cavs and Knicks. Are you betting a Knicks Hate-Larry website is soon in the making?

Don’t take those coaches and GMs words hook, line and sinker, man. Vinny Del Negro said Laura have been terrific and proved this esteem by putting him in the doghouse. The Cavs organization insist Laura was all hail about Laura then subsequently traded for the much maligned Ben Wallace.

And now Laura is badmouthing the Bulls as he did the Cavs before. What a guy!

• 79 Kevin M // Mar 14, 2009 at 3:00 pm

Kimpy they won the game

• 80 Kimpy // Mar 14, 2009 at 5:41 pm

Yep Kevin, they won the game DESPITE of and NOT BECAUSE of Laura Hughes.

• 81 KnicksBendOver // Mar 14, 2009 at 7:27 pm

Hughes said on the record today that Lebron isn’t going anywhere. Thanks for the conformation Larry. Not to worry Knick fans, you can keep Larry. As long as there is no pressure to win, he will continue to entertain and put up 20-30 shots a night. Don’t make it to the playoffs though, he’ll fold like a sheet and start whining to be moved to another team where he can get his shots.

• 82 Kimpy // Mar 15, 2009 at 8:31 pm

Kevin M,
    I know you will be peeking here to see what I have to say. Wanted to spare to spare you but I think I have to stressed more the obvious in order to knock some senses in your love for Laura. Wow, 6 out 17 shots for a whopping 35% shooting percentage today with the standard Laura- boneheaded plays. And worse, this bricklaying is contagious, now plaguing even normally good shooters like Candler and David Lee and the dreaded Mike D’Anotni’s juggernaut offense.

Still convinced that Hughes is better than Delonte? Delonte due to his damaged wrist hasn’t rediscovered his touch yet but he is smart enough to move well without the ball and post-up on other occassions for easy baskets. All Hughes did was brick after brick all night night long.

So now the Knicks get the play the awful Sacramento Queens and New Jerssey at home. Maybe Laura can catch fire so we can have the Laura lovers posting “Larry is really a good player blah.. blah..blah.” and make this forum lively and entertaining again. Farnkly I’m getting bored being proven right constantly.

• 83 Marco // Mar 16, 2009 at 1:17 pm

How about:

heypaxsonstopwastingsomany draftpicks.com

14, that’s right, 14 top half of the 1st round picks in the past 10 years and the bulls still suck

• 84 Kimpy // Mar 18, 2009 at 7:23 pm

YOOO..HOOO! Kevin M, where are you? I got news for new… This just in. Laura Legend shot an incredible 3 of 11 for a fantasmogoric 27%, the absolute “best” for the Knicks other than that fat pig Q Richardson who at least had the decency to take only 4 shots. Laura who also had 3 of his shots slapped back to his throat.

His supposed defense you’re braging about? Just take take a look at what Vince Carter and Douglas-Roberts lines, two people he guarded during the game to know that his defense is just as inept as his offense.

Kevin M, please come out hiding and regale us with more of your in defense-of-Laura yarns. There are only a few games left and New York and Laura are not about to make the play-offs again. i don’t want to wait for the next season to hear from you.

• 85 Kevin M // Mar 19, 2009 at 1:46 am

Limpy,

Yes Larry played bad and so did the knicks, Vince has put up 29 on about everyone in this league. I don’t know why you get all worked up Im a fan of Larry and I know he is going to have bad games and I dont expect him to shoot 50% and average 25 a night. All I have ever said is that he is a good player, he can score, he doesn’t shoot a great %, but he does play D. Im saying he is a solid NBA player and he is not the “worst player in the league” like you make him out to be, thats all. Is he a $13 million a year player? No. but the cavs offered him that and he accepted Im pretty sure you would too. And its kind of wierd that you have so much hatred for someone that doesnt play for your team anymore, you have probably never met, and doesn’t beat your team. If your still pissed about him putting up 40 on you in high school or banging your chic or something its time to let it go limpy.

• 86 Kimpy // Mar 19, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Kevin M(oron) ,

Oh I’m loving it. Now you’re the one being exposed of not even watching games. You must be referring to the Vince Carter of nearly a decade ago, the Half-Man, Half-amazing dude Not the Half-Man, Half-Season dud roaming the NBA these days. You know, the guy who couldn’t even make the All Star Team while a less heralded teammate (Devin Harris in case you’re in Mars in then past two years) made it. And you didn’t even answer what a non-descript young punk like Douglas-Robert is doing in torching your Laura’s supposed vaunted defense.

Who say’s about shooting 50% and scoring 25 points a night. All we want is a decent 15 points on say 46% percent and quiet mouth - is that asking too much for a guy who demands so much playing time, who thinks so much of himself and is getting 13 M while certified All Stars like Devin Harris and Mo Williams get far less?

And maybe it’s me who should ask if you are Laura’s kept gay lover since you really take it very personally any well deserved criticsms on your Laura girl. It’s called sports hatred, no weirder than sports lovefest you are exhibiting for Laura , I don’t know why you feigned ignorance on the matter. Oh it may comfort your thoughts that I have no interest in competing with you in sucking Laura’s balls - he is all yours.

• 87 Kevin M // Mar 19, 2009 at 5:09 pm

He is averaging 15.3 pts with the knicks shooting 40% from the field and 41% from the arc. So theres your 15pts 40% is not great I agree but not awful and 41% from 3 is great, and Vince is having a very good year so I duno what your talking about there and He was hitting threes from three feat behind the line last night I wouldn’t say thats bad D.

• 88 Kimpy // Mar 19, 2009 at 8:40 pm

40% shooting percentage is horrible no matter how you slice it. And when you take more than 13 shots a game while playing in that great D’ Antoni offense, then you are beyond horrible. The offensively inept Eric Snow also shoots a horrible percentage but he’s smart and unselfish enough to take no more than 4 shots a game.
    I say that 40% 3-point shooting is an abberation and will go down much lower by the end of the season, wanna bet?

Ok, I’ll cut Hughes some slacks on Vincesanity, so how do you explain Laura’s “tremendous” job on Douglas-Roberts?

PS.
    Are you still saying that Vince Carter, a perennial All Star starter and franchise player is having a good year now that he didn’t even make the All Star game and surrendered main-man status to Devin Harris? I don’t want to be offensive but this only proves you don’t watch the games.

• 89 Kimpy // Mar 20, 2009 at 7:56 pm

Oh Kevin, where are you? i’ve got a question for you - Am I genius, am I a prophet or some people are just blind or plain too stubborn.

Tonight, it’s a an earth-shaking 1 out 8 with the lone field goal coming in with less than 2 minutes to go with Saramento up by 29 points! How clutch! Say that again - that ineptitude against the absolute worst team in the league and who has not won a single game against any eastern team before tonight’s shellacking.

And didn’t I tell you that atrocious shooting is contagious - now a D’ Antoni is shooting even less than 40%, just about Laura’s norm.

• 90 Kimpy // Mar 21, 2009 at 9:31 pm

You better come out of here, KEVIN M. Laura is badly in need of an apologist and legal counsel right now. Have the heart not to abandon him in the hour of his greatest need. Tonight, your girl Laura just laid two big fat eggs - 0 points and 0 assist. D’ Antoni finally had the good sense to limit his playing time to 14 minutes thus helping the Knicks push the mighty Magic to the limits before bowing out after two horrific games against the awful Kings and Nets where Laura played extended minutes.

Am I begining to look like Nostradamus for foretolding that Laura’s temporary decent 3-point shooting was just that -temporary, an aberration? 0-4 tonight of which 3 where on 3 pt shooting for a whopping … oh never mind.

• 91 Kevin M // Mar 22, 2009 at 10:41 am

Hes not playing well lately, I cant argue with that. Im hoping he will pick it up.

• 92 spmack in south shore, chicago // Mar 23, 2009 at 4:49 pm

I’m really loving this Kimpy vs Kevin M argument.

• 93 Kimpy // Mar 24, 2009 at 9:40 pm

You mean the my complete demolition of all of Kevin M’s argument? Blame Hughes, he is the one playing horrible basketball, much to the chagrin of Kevin M who probably gets nightmares of the thought of me posting after another typical terrble game by the REPULSIVE ONE .

• 94 e // Mar 26, 2009 at 10:17 am

Larry Hughes as a Knick

12.1 FGA per game
    38.9% FG

he sucks everywhere

• 95 Kimpy // Mar 27, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Oh Kevin, Laura was 4 of 12 tonight. The Knicks as team shot 48.7% but take away Laura’s field goals attempts and made and they would have shot 50% , a hallmark of D’ Antoni team.

You still haven’t taken my bets that at the end of the season, Laura is not going to shoot better than his atrocious 42% norm.

• 96 Kimpy // Mar 28, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Hello Kevin M, it’s me Kimpy, remember me? The guy you tried to convince that Laura isn’t really terrible. Tonight’s another night of validation 1 of 6 for a feel-good 17% shooting percentage. There are less than 10 games remaining, I hope you don’t just hibernate without explaining yourself.

Come out of your hiding Kevin M, we have a vast audience waiting to be regaled.

• 97 Kevin M // Mar 29, 2009 at 10:14 am

Kimpy hes obviously not playing well along with the entire knicks squad, but one thing I dont think you realize is when he goes 1 for 6 shooting but shoots 6 free throws that means he made 1 shot missed 2 and got fould on the other 3. Out of those 3 he made 5 of 6 free throws, so he scored on 4 of his 6 shot attempts. 8 points on 6 shot attempts is not bad. You act as if fg% judges everything a player does. He isn’t scoring much but he isn’t just jacking up shots. You are right that he isn’t playing great, I really have no explanation for why the whole knicks team just collapsed in the middle of a playoff race but it is the whole knicks team, not just larry.

• 98 Kimpy // Mar 29, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Kevin M,
    I’ll explain it to you then - ineptitude is contagious and Larry’s atrocities just rubbed on the entire Knicks.

In the the interest of truth and with malice towards none, allow me to reiterate what I told you a long time ago- Larry just finds away to pull his team down. He’s moved out of Cleveland and suddenly the Cavs are best team in the league. Pratically everyone is having a career year.

Larry’s moved out of Chicago and suddenly the struggling Bulls is not just making the play-offs but are in fact in seventh place at the moment.

Every D’ Antoni team is hallmarked by sweetshooting. Larry arrives and suddenly the team’s overall shooting is regressed.

PS.
    Kevin, now I know you not only don;t watch games, you don;t know the game at all. Please don’t revise how stats are recorded. If one was fouled while shooting and didn’t convert, the shot that didn’t go in is NOT recorded as a missed field goal. However, it’s counted as a field goal made if it does go in and the offensive player is given an and one (do you even know this terminology). So contrary to what you are claiming, Larry actually took 9 attempts, was fouled in three attempts and missed 5 shots that didn’t draw any foul.

I never said fg% is the only thing a player is judged but when you continously shoot horribly on a very consistent basis, then you ‘re just plain horrible. Now when you play guard and barely issue assists and commits a lot of boneheadeds plays, then you are beyond horrible. And when you’re beyond horrible and there’s a Kevin M keeping up the faith then I say it’s a tragedy since the world is a lot dumber for it.

• 99 Thanks Larry // Mar 31, 2009 at 11:57 am

I, for one, am thankful for Larry. You see, sometimes I get down on myself for slacking off at work and going to pointless blogs like these. I’ll have thoughts like

“Why am I such a slacker?”
    “I’m really hurting my company.”
    “They should just fire me.”

But then I remember Larry. He shows me that I don’t have to be good at what I do, I just have to show up. Productivity is optional! Even slackers like us can be millionaires, right Larry?

• 100 thank god he's gone // Apr 2, 2009 at 2:23 am

Larry Hughesless sprained he pinky toe again…. Out for the season

• 101 what // Apr 11, 2009 at 5:06 am

我靠,注册那么长的域名找死啊!

• 102 playoffs // May 22, 2009 at 8:26 pm

Did larry hughes spirit enter mo williams this post season?

That’s inaccurate. More like heymowilliamspleasestopmissingsomanywideopenlooks

• 103 Lebron // Jun 2, 2009 at 6:58 pm

How About:

HeyLebronPleaseStopCryingAfterYouGetEliminated.com

Poor Sportsmanship, Cleveland what will you do when lebron leaves?

• 104 Mike // Jun 6, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Dear Larry Hughes I think it was great thet the Knicks got that idiot Jermoe James out of there who gets paid 6.78 million dollars a year and does nothing he played twice all year and only scored 2 points but if it wasent for u Nate Robinson and especally Al Harrinton ball hoging u guys could have maybe made the playoffs but u guys arent the only ones to blame if Diantiony given Richerdson off the bech u guys would have had more scoreing off the bech and if u and Nate and Harrinton would have given David Lee the ball on the post more u guys would have won more games and i think u guys should have used Marbury this season he would have worked perfect for thst run and gun system u guys run then u should have let him go on the free agency market in the off season well good luck in the free agency market in 2010 2011 season

• 105 paul simth // Aug 9, 2009 at 9:41 pm

Sales promotion in our online shop
    We have all products of Paul Simth which as a clothing brand is famous for the world.
    Today here are many collections, have all Paul Smith series:Paul Smith Bags, Paul Smith Shoes , Paul Smith T-Shirts, Paul Smith Wallet, and so on.
    We provide Free Shipping and Non-Tax! Save Off 40%.You win the opportunity to get coupon if you purchase.
    Fast Delivery . Order Now!!!

• 106 james // Oct 18, 2009 at 6:26 am

Check this link out, he says he’s not worried that he hasn’t made a shot ALL PRESEASON!

‘…Hughes is 0-for-17 from the field through four preseason games. That includes going 0-for-3 in the second half of the Knicks’ win over the Nets Friday after not playing a minute in the first half…’

HA!!

• 107 jj // Oct 18, 2009 at 6:58 pm

“On a more positive note, Larry Hughes of the Knicks hit a jump shot with 8:30 remaining to snap his 0-for-18 slump to start the preseason. Hughes finished 1-for-3, upping his accuracy rate to 5 percent in New York’s five exhibition games.”

• 108 kimpy // Oct 18, 2009 at 10:47 pm

where’s kevin m, laura’shief apologist and secret paramour?

• 109 Jason M. // Oct 20, 2009 at 7:43 pm

Oh no! There is a frightening rumor that the Knicks will release Larry and he will come back to the Cavs! If I am the Cavs front office, why would I want a player that a bad team released because he was too bad even for their bad team? Why?!!!!

• 110 Fabio // Oct 21, 2009 at 3:28 pm

Just heard some rumors that “Big Shot” Larry might be headed back to the Cavs. If that happens, I wonder if there’s any chance of this site coming back. On a related note, I’m considering taking back up a heavy drinking habit.

• 111 kimpy // Oct 22, 2009 at 11:01 pm

No way in hell does Laura goes back to the Cavs-unless of course Kevin M, Laura’s lover put a gun on Dan Gilbert’s head. I would rather put up with Delonte’s bipolar tendencies than Laura’s horrible shooting and even more horrible self worth.

Oh Kevin M, you better come out of here and do a lot of explaining AN UTLRA INCREDIBLE 1 OUT OF 23 SHOTS IN THE PRE-SEASON for a staggering shooting percenage of , ow never mind.

• 112 Larry Hughes // Nov 18, 2009 at 6:47 pm

At least my shooting percentage finally has a chance to be better than my teams winning percentage.

Keep hatin’.

• 113 CJC // Nov 22, 2009 at 3:35 pm

I just watched the Celts beat the Knicks in OT while working out in my basement. I actually think Larry Hughes may well be the worst starting 2 guard in NBA history, if not the worst 2 guard OF ALL TIME. Please name someone worse, and don’t even start with Calbert Cheaney because at least he had the good sense NOT TO SHOOT 3s ALL THE FREAKING TIME. 38 mins, 2-11, 0-5 3s pointers, 4 pts, and literally six times where his stupidity caused me to have a minor aneurysm. I actually yelled “F-ING LARRY HUGHES” at one point causing my kids, quietly playing legos in the next room, to run upstairs and tell on me.

Thanks Larry Hughes, thanks a lot.

• 114 Larry Hughes // Dec 4, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Word, brotha. Anytime. Thanks for watchin’. I’ll keep doin’ what I do!

• 115 Fred // Jan 18, 2010 at 10:16 am

Larry skipped Knicks practice after complaining about his lack of playing time. He says he feels “disrespected.” Hughes is shooting 36% from the field this season and has missed 19 of his last 20 shots.

• 116 Kimpy // Jan 28, 2010 at 12:29 am

I miss Larry but I miss Kevin M defending Larry to death even more. Please come out of hiding Kevin M and make me happy!

• 117 Some Guy // Feb 18, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Larry Hughes traded to Sacramento Kings. Now Kings will never get better even with Tyreke Evans. Muahahhahaa. T-Mac to the Knicks!

• 118 Caelyn // Apr 11, 2011 at 7:34 am

That’s way the bestest ansewr so far!

• 119 carmelo // Apr 16, 2011 at 5:40 am

so how bout them knicks? 2010 worked out good..how bout them cavs?

• 120 enlarveZooria // Nov 10, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Как вы считаете, это нормально, что в категории Юмор встречаются
    [url=http://xn--c1aeb8eua.xn--p1ai/]прикольные значки 25[/url]

• 121 IsraelPt // Oct 18, 2014 at 8:44 am

[url=http://x-stars.ru/katalog.html]эротический массаж[/url] - стриптиз, классический секс.