Hey Larry Hughes, Please Stop Taking So Many Bad Shots

Hey Larry Hughes, Please Stop Taking So Many Bad Shots header image 2

shhh… someone’s birthday is just around the corner

January 13th, 2008 · 29 Comments

Hi,

It’s me, “That Guy With The Larry Hughes Website”. I’m writing in my quiet voice because I don’t want arrylay ughesay to know what’s up. But I thought you should know that his birthday is just a few weeks away (Jan 23rd) and I think we should do something special.

shhh charles barkeley

See that secret gift fund widget over there in the sidebar? I’d like to get your help in raising $30 so we can buy him a special gift. Trust me, it will benefit all of us.

I’ll provide updates to let everyone know how we are progressing towards the goal. And no, I’m not going to just pocket the cash! I’ll make sure to send the gift and if you donate, I’ll even put your name on the card.

Thanks,

That Guy With The Larry Hughes Website

_________________________________________________
UPDATE: As of Tuesday afternoon, we’ve had 9 people contribute to the birthday fund and we’re now at 76% of the goal. Thanks for your support! We just need $7 more dollars and we have a gift.

UPDATE #2: Mission Accomplished! Special thanks to the 14 people who contributed to the secret gift fund. I’ll follow up with emails to y’all and find out how you want your name on the card.

Tags: Best Of · Holidays

29 responses so far ↓

• 1 steve // Jan 13, 2008 at 3:43 pm

hahaha this is amazing

• 2 Ben Q. Rock // Jan 13, 2008 at 4:38 pm

Hardwood Paroxysm sent me over here, and before I clicked the link I was going to suggest that video. Great minds think alike, and so do we.

• 3 Paul // Jan 13, 2008 at 5:05 pm

I would love to cheap in 30$…i just don’t have a credit car to transfer the money…what you wanna buy???

• 4 Paul // Jan 13, 2008 at 5:08 pm

would any money transfer help??? like western union??? give me an email and tell me

• 5 Paul // Jan 13, 2008 at 5:10 pm

hahahaa coool gift :)))))

• 6 Alex // Jan 13, 2008 at 6:38 pm

lmao, “JJ Redick, perhaps the best shooter in basketball history”

The Cavs could probably have Redick for a couple 2nd round picks if they wanted him.

• 7 drew olanoff // Jan 13, 2008 at 6:44 pm

i’m from philly.

we feel your pain.

• 8 steve // Jan 13, 2008 at 11:40 pm

i wish someone made a site like this for iverson when he played in philly. nobody outside of the city knows how bad he is for your team unless you watch him on a night to night basis cuz you just see stupid highlights of the 1 good play he made a night.

• 9 Dannie // Jan 14, 2008 at 6:56 am

steve - please don’t speak for Philly fans when you are clearly just an uniformed A.I. hater. If you watched the Denver Nuggets game vs. the Sixers recently and saw the poll 86% of Philly fans still root for A.I. and I bet if they did a poll asking if they would have him back the large majority would. You do know Andre Iguodala is shoot 43.9% right?

• 10 greatgoo // Jan 14, 2008 at 7:01 am

I just gave $3. I really hope he gets a lot of use out of the video.

• 11 steve // Jan 14, 2008 at 8:30 am

yea philly fans would take him back cuz theres no reason to watch the sixers right now. theyre the most boring team to watch in the league. check the attendence stats. watching AI just run around the court trying to make all the plays is entertaining. he never made anybody else on the team better, he would take over 30 shots a night, and they never won shit with him on the team. we went to the finals 1 year with larry brown but thats it. hes not a player to build a team around, unlike denver who is obviously carmelos team where he has no choice but to start sharing the ball. im just hating that he was here, complained nonstop and never won anything. is that not something to hate?

• 12 John // Jan 14, 2008 at 9:39 am

not to take this thread off course.. but have a 6′ scoring point guard in a half court offense is not always a good thing. in a Run and shoot offense, iverson is still take 15+ shots and playing quite well. Outside of the last 6 games, melo hasn’t done a whole lot.

• 13 clefan // Jan 14, 2008 at 12:16 pm

One point of clarification for Craig: The purpose of this site is not to bash Cleveland sports. We’re just here to bash Larry Hughes’ shot selection and his on-court performance. :)

• 14 steve // Jan 14, 2008 at 12:57 pm

haha im here cuz this site is hysterical. i know what its like to feel the agony of being so close to the championship. ‘05 eagles, ‘00 sixers, ‘96 flyers, ‘93 phils. must be tough being in cleveland. my prayers are with you and your efforts in ridding the Quiken Loans Arena of poor shot selection. if i was from cleveland you better believe i would donate. its for a good cause.

• 15 jonathan // Jan 14, 2008 at 4:12 pm

how is jj redick supposed to be one of the greatest shooters. he’s basically a d-leaguer. wehn he gets minutes and a open look from 3 hes nothing special.

• 16 Ben Q. Rock // Jan 14, 2008 at 8:45 pm

The Magic would want more than 2nd-round picks for Redick, but yes, he is expendable.

And just to make this post on-topic: Larry Hughes is a terrible basketball player. He should probably stop taking so many bad shots.

• 17 Craig // Jan 14, 2008 at 9:22 pm

Ben Q. Rock. YAY! you noticed us…. you really noticed us :)

hahah.

cheers mate!

you guys wanna trade redick for hughes???? :)

didn.t think so….. :(

• 18 Gmoney // Jan 15, 2008 at 11:58 am

I would trade Hughes for Scot Pollard and Reggie Lewis.

• 19 Adrian // Jan 15, 2008 at 3:10 pm

Good site :)

• 20 Ben Q. Rock // Jan 15, 2008 at 8:36 pm

Gee, thanks, Craig. I didn’t think my reputation preceded me.

Check that, I didn’t know I had a reputation…

• 21 rick // Jan 15, 2008 at 9:07 pm

First, funny stuff…you have my dollar. And Craig, I’d trade Larry Hughes for Redick straight up! You get the $12 million dollar a year contract to go with that. (For 2 more seasons by the way.) We’ll pay Redick 2 million next year to play in the D-league. No problem!

• 22 Manu Ginobli // Jan 17, 2008 at 8:18 pm

I love how everytime I have the ball, the referees automatically call a foul on the opposition… No wonder I score many points…

By the way, you guys should trade Hughes to the Spurs, because then everytime he threw up an awful shot, at least he’s draw a foul… Playing in S.A. has its perks…

• 23 Eric // Jan 18, 2008 at 1:44 pm

Man, this is funny.

• 24 Larry Hughes // Jan 18, 2008 at 2:07 pm

Stop making fun of me… :(

• 25 roflroflrofl // Jan 20, 2008 at 3:40 pm

rofl @ manu and larry comments :)

• 26 Larry Hughes // Jan 21, 2008 at 4:47 pm

I’m sorry that I hang out with Yosemite Sam so much, he just taught me so much- “It’s okay to shoot and miss, in fact- it’s fun!!!”

Don’t be jealous because I’m in the NBA and you’re not!

• 27 Larry Hughes // Jan 22, 2008 at 12:39 am

Plus im the greatest basketball player in the world

• 28 Larry Hughes // Jan 22, 2008 at 11:01 am

I’ll donate a dollar, it’s the least I can do seeing as how I’m being paid $12 million to stand around and hold myself. :) Suckers!

• 29 Mike // Feb 10, 2008 at 5:18 pm

Larry had his birthday party at The Club at Key Center. Seeing he only makes 140k a game or so, it was of course a cash bar. Anyway, they were all terrible tippers and Larry still has an outstanding Tab of just over 500 bucks.